Sexual assault takes many forms including attacks such as rape or attempted rape, as well as any unwanted sexual contract or threats. Usually a sexual assault occurs when someone touches any part of another person’s body in a sexual way, even through clothes, without that person’s consent.
Types of sexual acts which fall under the category of sexual assault include:
- forced sexual intercourse (rape)
- sodomy (oral or anal sexual acts)
- child molestation
- attempted rape
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
What to do if you are sexually assaulted:
- If you are sexually assaulted on any RSU Campuses contact the RSU Police Department at 918-343-7624.
- If the assault happens off campus contact the local law enforcement agencies.
- Reporting the crime as a victim is not required by law, but it is highly recommended to prevent future attacks by the perpetrator.
- Remember to seek medical attention as soon as possible. In Northeastern Oklahoma all rape exams are administrated at the Hillcrest Hospital in Tulsa. The medical treatment is free of charge. Do not shower, eat, or smoke as these actions can destroy evidence of the attack.
- Safeline is an organization which provides a 24 hour hotline to victims of domestic abuse, rape, or forcible sodomy. As a victim you have certain rights. There number is (800) 522-7233. Their hotline is staffed with trained crisis counselors that can help.